VOGUES 73 QUESTIONS WITH MICHELLE MEILHON
1. What’s the best thing that has happened to you this month?
The best thing to have happened to me this month is my host family stalking the crap out of me and thus, accepting a job in the Netherlands! Surprise 😉 I will be writing a blog post on this news in the near future, and if you are reading this and I haven’t told you, jammer (sorry) but I haven’t told many people yet!
2. What’s the best thing that has happened to you this year?
This year has been a whirlwind of ups and downs. I have written a couple blogs on it, you can go read it here
3. What’s the best thing ever?
Friends who are always there for you
Good coffee 😉
4. What’s your favourite season?
Autumn! Seriously, it is the best thing ever
5. What’s your favourite holiday?
Christmas and Hanukkah. My host family in America is Jewish and I loved Hanukkah, it is really awesome just spending time with family (which is 8 days lol)
6. Would you ever live in a big city?
I think my hometown, Durban is considered a ‘Big City’. I did live in New York State where I would be in NYC every weekend. Does that count?
7. What’s your favourite ice cream?
Magnum- Death By Chocolate
8. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
Nope. I also hardly wear shoes with shoelaces anyway, so meh.
9. What’s your favourite dessert?
MILKTART! (All the South Africans are currently saying YAAAAAASSSS)
10. Cake or Pie?
Cake- Only because I have to choose. I don’t really like cake and to us, a pie is a savoury dish for a main course and not a dessert.
11. What’s your least favourite food?
Pickled tomatoes. Yes, apparently that is a thing.
12. What’s your favourite condiment?
I try and not eat condiments because they are full of sugar, but I was OBSESSED with tomato sauce (ketchup) growing up.
Funny story, my dad told me a couple months ago that my mom was worried that I was eating too much of it and he told her not to worry because I would outgrow it and won’t eat it anymore which is so true. I hardly ever eat it anymore. In fact I replaced my tomato sauce 3 months AFTER it ran out. See mom, I made it 😉
13. It’s brunch, what do you eat?
Hmm, bacon, mushrooms, avo and some sort of toast. Maybe a salad- it’s never too early for a salad.
14. What’s your favourite colour?
My favourite colour has always been blue. It is more of a turquoise now, along with purple and green.
15. What colour dress did you wear to your prom?
Purple – I think like 8 of my friends also wore purple lol.
16. Blow dry or air dry?
Air Dry. You would think that because I am a hairstylist, I would blow dry my hair. Nah bro, ain’t nobody got time for that.
17. Do you think you’re strong?
18. Who’s a person you’d love to have coffee with?
Zoe Sugg- Naturally, but she doesn’t drink coffee so we would have tea.
Lilly Singh- We would have a couple shots instead 😀
19. When was the last time you cried?
When we rescued the puppies (that is a whole other blog and I will update you on that soon)
20. Who’s the last person you texted?
My group of friends. We don’t stop talking to each other lol
21. Twitter or Instagram?
Instagram. Do you follow me? http://www.instagram.com/chelle_mua
22. Who should everyone follow right now?
RUU MakeItup – She is doing so bloody well for herself right now. Really proud friend!
23. Have you ever had anything stolen from you?
Yea, I live in South Africa where crime is really hectic so it is kind of ‘normal’ to have something stolen from you. With that being said, South Africa is still an amazing country and it will always be my home.
24. Favourite country you visited?
America- Specifically Boston!!
25. Last country you visited?
26. Country you wish to visit?
27. First pet?
I grew up always having animals. My first pet I remember having was a dog called Snoopy.
28. Favourite Disney animal?
Winnie the Pooh’s Eeyore.
29. What are you doing tomorrow?
Work work work work work. Tomorrow is Monday.
30. What are you most excited about in life right now?
MOVING- I am actually terrified of it but I am also so flipping excited! I am moving to Europe!
31. What book are you reading right now?
I just finished reading “Yes, my accent is real: and some other things I haven’t told you” by Kunal Nayyar
32. A book you read because everyone else was reading it?
Twilight – I read it just as it was dying out.
33. What are you completely bored of right now?
Constantly working 🙁
Oh and not having WiFi at home and having crappy WiFi in South Africa in General. Sigh.
34. What’s your favourite beverage?
35. What’s your favourite cocktail?
36. What would you order at a McDonald’s drive thru?
I hardly do McD’s. Fries most likely
37. What’s one thing you still have from your childhood?
My blanket my mom bought/made for me.
- What’s your favourite current TV show?
I haven’t had the chance to watch anything new lately, but I am watching the last season of HIMYM, I am not sure why because I hated the last season but whatever.
39. What’s a movie that made you cry?
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Sigh
40. What do you miss the most?
Not having to worry about paying bills and worrying about money and crows feet.
41. What’s something you can’t do?
Sing and clap.
42. What are your nicknames?
Mishy; Mish; Mich; Chelle. There is so many variations of that.
43. What makes you laugh a lot?
Memes. Sarcasm, bad dad jokes
44. Heels or flats?
Flats. Full Stop
45. What’s the most adventurous thing you’ve done?
Moving to America.
46. What’s one thing you wanted to do but been scared of?
Study. That sounds super weird but I haven’t started my degree and I am wanting too but I am too scared to.
47. What’s the thing you’re most proud of?
My hustling this year. Being able to fully support myself this year.
48. What did you want to do with your life at age 5?
I always wanted to be a teacher, until recently. “Recently” being like 15 lol.
49. Dogs or Cats?
50. What’s the most important thing someone can learn?
People will always disappoint you. You cannot put your hopes in people and expect them to come through for you.
51. Bath or Shower?
Shower as I am always in a rush. I do love a bath though.
52. Mountain hideaway or beach house?
Mountain Hideaway. No questions asked, maybe the whole ‘You’re not going to kill me right?’
53. What’s your favourite scented candle?
There’s this one from Bath and Body works that I can’t remember what it was called. It was in a candle as well as room mist. It was just heaven. Very woody and quite masculine but I love it.
54. If you could spend 3 months anyway, where would it be?
55. Are you messy or neat?
Neat, I hate mess.
56. What’s the first thing you do each morning?
I always check the time and then my Diary to see what I have to do today.
57. What do you have for breakfast?
Probably toast because bread is cheaper than most breakfasts lol.
58. What’s the last thing you do before you go to bed?
I triple check my alarm and then my phone.
59. What’s one skill you wish you had?
I wish I could play a musical instrument of some sort.
60. What’s your favourite pizza?
Anything with pineapple on it!
PINEAPPLE DOES GO ON PIZZA
61. Describe your ideal man in three words?
Sarcastic, honest and passionate with things that he likes.
62. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
A friend of mine named Tori
63. At what age were your happiest.
Age 20 🙂
64. What’s the last thing you ate?
Tomato Sauce chips (crisps)
65. Where do you go when you need to be alone?
A coffee shop. It is ironic but I put my earphones in and no one bothers me. I am currently at a coffee shop answering these questions!
66. What’s the biggest thing on your mind right now?
How the hell I am going to afford everything and have savings when I leave. Also- food. I am hungry.
67. What’s the best activity to do at home on a rainy day?
Cleaning up, sorting out. I love doing that which most people find odd. I also will play with makeup, because why not?
68. What are you listening to right now?
69. On a scale of 1-10, how happy are you with life right now?
70. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
Mango dipped in balsamic vinegar
- Starter or dessert?
72. Is there a dessert you don’t like?
I don’t think so?
- What is the furthest you have been from home?
America. I feel like I keep mentioning that lol.
I tag Zainab! Girl, you better show up 😉