Hey; hi; bonjour!
There are a few new faces around here and so I thought I would write a little bit more about myself today. I want to re-intoduce myself as I think that is important but also to just to do talk about something more light hearted as it has been a tough couple of days.
With that being said, hi! My name is Michelle and I am a 20-something year old South African who is living in New York. Those are the two extra facts about me. You’re welcome 😉
- I am actually a qualified makeup artist and fashion hairstylist. I worked in the industry for a while back in South Africa and I really have such a passion for it. I love working on other people and creating looks that blow my mind sometimes. Unfortunately, I can’t actually work in the field here but I would love to go back into it sometime soon.
- I have a business and a kick-ass business partner. Kaffeine Media Solutions was born just over a year ago when Asha and I came together to finally combine what we love. We have had a rollercoaster ride but it has been so worth it.
- Although I keep a lot of my personal life underwraps, I do have an incredible boyfriend who is hilarious; goofy and never shuts the heck up! He’s great and he’s the opposite of me. He hates social media; taking photos or talking about his life anywhere on the internet. Unless it’s about games, you won’t find him anywhere on the interwebs. We have been dating for almost a year already and have been through a lot together in such a short time.
- I am an incredible introvert. That may not seem true because if you ever met me, once I get to know you, I never actyally shut up. I love forming realtionships with people and I will take our friendship VERY seriously. I will make sure that you’re always good and that I see you as often as I can with my busy schedule.
- I have anxiety. It’s not something I talk about a lot because it’s my own personal thing, but yes. I have anxiety. Some days it is okay and some days I have multiple panic attacks and cannot go anywhere.
- I am atually pretty short. I am just under 5″3 which a lot of people are shocked by for some reason. I always get the ‘wow, you’re actually so much shorter than I thought you were!” which to me is always hilarious.
- I don’t enjoy watching movies. It is just something I can never really do. I struggle with sitting so still for so long so I watch series a lot more often. My boyfriend drags me to the movies often. In fact, I have seen more movies in the cinema this year than I have in the last 5 years combined. It’s ridiculous haha.
- I prefer carrying a physical diary rather than keeping stuff on my phone or in a digital calendar. I find the visual effect of this a lot better and keep on top of things better this way.
- My full time job is actually working with special needs kids. I have been working with kids for about 9 years now and with special needs kids for just over 5 years full time.
- I actually have barista training. When I was in South Africa in 2018, I was trained by the lovely crew at Skyline and I loved every moment of it. I am such a fan of coffee and everything that it involves and learning how to make coffee was such a goal for me. Guess what? I learnt and I am so happy that I did!
I hope you learnt a bit more about me! I love getting to know people and talking about their interests and what makes them happy! So if you want to share about what makes you happy and a bit more about yourself, please do so! I hope you come back to the little corner of my world!
If you want to read more feel free to check out my blog on Waitress, the musical here.